The "Pedagogy in Practice" publication provides an avenue to share the stories of Virginia Tech faculty members who are engaging students in rigorous and rewarding educational experiences through the creation of effective learner-centered pedagogy.
This event will include a panel of faculty members from the 2014-2015 issue of "Pedagogy in Practice." The panelists will discuss their work highlighted in the publication, and audience members will be able to interact with the panelists during a Q&A session and reception. The panelists include:
- Timothy Baird, Geography
- John Chermak, Geosciences
- Thomas Tucker, School of Visual Arts; Todd Ogle, TLOS; & David Hicks, School of Education
- Aki Ishida, School of Architecture + Design
- Vinod Lohani, Engineering Education
- Mitzi Vernon, School of Architecture + Design
This reception is also designed to recognize the faculty members included in the 2014-2015 issue of "Pedagogy in Practice." Colleagues, department heads, family, and friends of those being recognized are encouraged to attend.
Note: Those who wish to bring guests should simply register those individuals separately.